cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
catandscan
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600: Grinding Noises When Printing

HP Recommended

Hi there, 

I saw your post and I am having the same problem. Did you have any luck with fixing the Chewbacca noises or did you end up buying a new printer?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,736 25,616 1,414 1,485
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@catandscan

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer. I understand that you are getting grinding noise and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Perform Hard reset the on the printer.
  • Remove the power cable from the printer when it is turned on.
  • Remove all other cables you have connected any.
  • Press and hold the printer power button for 60secs.
  • Connect the power cable to the printer and directly to wall outlet.
  • Turn on the printer.

If that does not fix the issue, follow the below steps.

• Clear any jammed paper from the paper trays.
  • Check the carriage path with a flashlight.
  • Clean the rollers.

Click here and follow the document to perform above mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation