Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I have the exact same problem with my HP 6978 (aka 6970 to my wifi). I've owned a few HP printers over the years. NEVER have I owned such a crappy printer. I bought the 1st one from Costco about 2 months ago. From the start it made an awful printing noise & complained about a phantom paper jam. Since I never could find that jam, I returned it the next day. Bought the exact same one hoping it would be better than the last lemon. No awful printing noise on this one. About a month of owning it, it decides to have this phantom printing jam again. I googled the error code & found this thread. I watched the HP video on how to remove the paper jam. I've looked EVERYWHERE, no paper jam. The ink cartridges are stuck on the right as well. I use my printer at least a few times a week so the comments above don't or shouldn't pertain to my problem, especially for such a new printer.
Has HP figured out what's wrong? I'm fed up looking at this printer. It will being going back to Costco this week.
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @TashaL

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting an error 0x6100004a while printing.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2oyb8JI

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank-you for your quick reply. I did go to the link. I followed the directions step by step. Waited 3 minutes and also touched the plug to metal to try and ground it before plugging it all back in. I was lucky to be able to access the ink cartridges before and after these steps. Yesterday, they wouldn't slide over at all. Anyways, after the warm up was complete, I reinstalled the ink cartridges one by one snapping them in. It didn't ask to print off it's calibration sheet like it did on it's first day. It then jumped to the same error window 0x6100004. The ink cartridges are jammed to the right once again.

HP Recommended

Hi @TashaL

It seems like a hardware issue and I recommend you to contact phone support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can contact phone support.

Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
Enter Product number or select to auto detects
Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank-you for your time. I took it back to costco today & decided to try out the 4650. Maybe this one will treat me better.
Hopefully this post can stay up so other people who had this paper jam problem know it's not them, it's the printer. 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi @TashaL

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.