The HP Community is here for you.
06-03-2016 06:37 AM
HP Installer (Setup for Scanners, Printers of Hewlett Packard) fails in Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. This happens regardless of your setup version or product/device. The following erros occure
1. HP Installer has stopped working
2. Please wait some more
3. A fatal error has occured, which prevents usage of the device.
Go to Control Panel / Programs and Featuers / Windows-Components and select ".NET Framework 3.5.1" or ".NET Framework 3.5 (includes 2.0 and 3.0)" [exact wording depends on your OS]. Once this feature is installed simply run your setup flawlessly.
HP Installer checks prerequisites (such as free space and ram). If it does not find .NET framework it attempts to install this one via a .NET Framework Redistributable. Unfortunately this procedure has been deprecated by Microsoft (from now on you need to select this feature manually [or install it via console with DISM / Powershell-Cmdlets]). The installer stupidly assumes that the framework got installed and continues which causes crashes and sideeffects... (for details see %temp%\hpbcsiInstallerBootstrap.log ).
PS: Shame on you HP because this error exists since years (before 2010 until v15 in 2016!).
@HP: refunds welcome
06-03-2016 08:10 AM
I have closed this thread to help keep the comments timely. If you have more to add, please start a new thread. Click here if you want to learn more about how to start a new conversation/thread.
Please post in a new thread for better exposure. It may also be helpful if you posted a few more details about your computer/printer and your issues.
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!