Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I also have the same problem. Windows 10 64 bit on a wireless network. All the other computers, Android Phones ,Android Tablets and Ipads have no Problem

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? Is the printer connected by wired or wireless LAN?  

What issue are you having on the Windows 10 machine?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

The printer is an Officejet Pro 6830 which is connected to a wireless network covering the whole house. The install program recognises the printer on the network both by name and IP adress but will not recognise it when it tries to install the driver. Under settings i  Windows 10 64bit with the creators update (and also before the update) windows reports the printer as 'driver unavailable'. All other computers ,both wireless and wired, as well as smartphones and tablets work without a problem. The problematic computer has a clean install of windows with office 365 personal edition and uses the windows native Firewall and antivirus and has no 3rd party security software

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.