cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
benzman
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Re-enable fax on 7525

HP Recommended
Photosmart 7525
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I acquired a used  Photosmart 7525 e all-in-one and discovered that the fax function has been disabled. It gives me the message to contact a system admininstator or the person who set up the printer. I put it on my home network, and it seems to work okay, except for the missing fax icon. How do I re-enable the fax function?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Sunshyn2005
Level 13
17,328 17,221 901 2,543
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @benzman

I understand you are able to utilize the fax function as it is disabled, and I'd like to help. Let's go ahead and open and internet browser and enter the IP address in the URL bar.

This will take you to the printers Embedded Web Server (EWS). In the EWS select the Settings tab. Depending on your printer model, the screens should look something like the following:

On the left hand side, click on Administrator Settings

You will see the following message pop up, click OK

You will now need to select Continue to this website. In the Administrator settings, go ahead and make sure Fax is enabled.

If you get  a 'System error. Internal system error',  I suggest first Compatability View in the address bar of the browser.   If that doesn't work you can also try trying to open the Embedded Web Server in a different browser, for instance, if you are using Internet Explorer, try Google Chrome.

I hope this does the trick. If this resolves the issue please click the Accept as Solution button below. If however the issue persists, let me know and I will do all I can to help. 

Thanks. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
benzman
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did not get an Administrator option on the screen for the 7525. I put in the ip address of the printer, but the screen does not match what you sent.  I still cannot re-enable the fax.

0 Kudos
Sunshyn2005
Level 13
17,328 17,221 901 2,543
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @benzman

It might be best to reset the printer back to factory defaults to allow you a fresh start. 

I will send you a PM (Private Message), but before I do, feel free to review the HP Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and of the choices you can make about the way information about you and your online activity is collected and how that information is used. This statement is readily available on our HP.com home page and at the bottom of every HP web page.

There are an increasing number of posts in this forum and elsewhere in the internet with the steps to do a resets on different printers.  The reset itself will sometimes fix problems, so the reset is not the issue. 

Some resets require you to enter button combinations to open special menus on your printer that you were never meant to access. These special menus are used by the developers and support personnel for debugging issues, but they are not meant for untrained users and can have unintended results.  One wrong button push and you no could no longer have a printer, but instead a pricey paper weight.  To top it off, if you do happen to "brick" the printer this way, it is considered customer induced damage, and voids the warranty automatically. These resets are only meant to be given out and used as a last resort, and under direct instruction of a HP tech support representative. They should not be done lightly!

Printer Resets: What You Should Know  By @Bob_Headrick

Please check the little envelope on the top right hand corner of the forums page to check your Forums inbox.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation