cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bizcomweb
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Rear Door Open HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 series

HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just opened the box on a brand new HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 series. I plugged it, let it run through start up and immediatly received a "Rear Door Open" error.

The door is not open. I visited a few posts that suggested a tab was broken but I do not see anything that look broken? I also updated the drivers.

The error still displays and I can't use the printer.

A return would require shipping it back to the seller and waiting on a new one.

Any ideas before I take this route. I'd hate to order another one just to experience the same issue.

ANy advice is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Copier-Pro
Level 9
2,456 2,416 160 348
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I will try and help.With the door open inspect the machine side of the covers.Somewhere there will be an opening with a sensor inside the machine that tells the machine the door is locked.Once you find that opening try to interlock the switch with a piece of folded paper the the machine should go ready even with door open.That way we know that the sensor is working.Then inspect the door side and see if there is a pin that must push into that opening is not maube broken.

Hope this will help else just send me some feedback and i will try to assist more.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
luvmygirls
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am having the same error message. Can you give me an idea where this sensor would be located or what it looks like? There are lots of little cavities and protrusions when the rear door is open.

kevin-t
Retired
Retired
20,511 15,611 325 972
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation