Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP laser jet 200 color MFP M27
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

I had a paper jam in the rear of the printer so I opened the rear door to remove the paper from that side as it had shreded. Now the rear door won't close. There appears to be something blocking it towards the right center side of the door. If i remove the roller assembly it closes ffine.  I have only had this printer since November. Please help...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @LakeTahoeGal,

I see that you are experiencing issues with the back door not completely closing. I would like to help you.

What is the full name and product number of your printer? How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

It may be caused by a hardware issue, a part might have gotten broken inside from the paper jam. You may need to call our technical support at 800-474-6836 and inquire about a replacement printer. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you so much for responding.  Hear is the information you requested:

Laserjet Pro 200 Color MFP M276NW CF145A 

The printer was working very well until the jam happened. The paper was really shredded and  I had to use tweezers to remove the small pieces.

Thank you, very much 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for providing that information. @LakeTahoeGal.

I have provided a document to double check that all the paper jam was removed.

Clearing Paper Jams for HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color MFP M276n and M276nw Printers.

I checked the Laserjet M276nw in our lab, I am wondering if maybe a piece had gotten broken off also. There are 2 white plastic pieces that look like they lock the back door into position, which might be causing some issues. The part with the roller is loose on the back door, so that must be normal. Not sure what else to tell you.

I would call in, since you are in warranty and inquire about a replacement printer still.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.