Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 100 color MFP M175
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello

This is my  first post here and i need help quick

My HP LaserJet 100 colour MFP M175nw printer has this issue in which the back door pops open as soon  as the printer is initializing and when I close it, it re-initializes again and the door pops open once more & doesn't close again till I apply pressure to it while the device is unplugged.

I have tried to seal the door with tape and the printer worked fine but I just need my printer to work the way it is supposed to without sticking it like a broken jar.

Note:- I found a piece of plastic on the floor near the printer and I assume that it may be related to it (I'll be sure to attach an image for it)The plastic piece i found (1)

The plastic piece i found (2)

The plastic piece i found (3)

Prethanks for your support

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @Amadoxis ,

I see by your post that the back door won't stay closed and you found a broken part which might belong to the printer. I can help you.

Most likely that broken piece is the culprit to the door not closing properly. It looks like part of the door hinge.

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836 and inquire about a replacement printer. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello, I had the same problem some hours ago.

Its quite funny how many hours it took everyone here at work to figure it out.

• Open the rear door
  • look at the top right corner 
  • notice there's a place with the pointed end of a screw visible
  • thats the spot where the part you found fell out from
  • gently replace it and the problem is solved.

let me know if you need further clarifications.

HP Recommended
Exactly that is it, I get same problem,l solved by that poits
HP Recommended

Good day, i am having the same problem with my printer and have tried fixing it but does not know how to position it when fixing it. Kindly assist and if possible show me the picture of how it has been fixed. Thanks.

HP Recommended

I can help you with this, but that will be by midday tomorrow when I get to the office.

I'll send you the pictures then.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and found the same part. Could anyone help me how should I put it back..

Thankss..

HP Recommended

Hello, i am still expecting those pictures promised by you on how it can be fixed.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Could you please share images where we can fix it, in my case first time when I open the rear door I got a black notch and again when I open a white notch removed automatically, no idea where can I fix it, if an image is possible that would be great.... 

HP Recommended

I would suggest to download the parts manual This will show what you need to replace the parts.I tried to attached the manual but could not get it right.If with permission someone can tell me how to attache the manual i will try to assist.I believe that it has to be approved by a moderator.There is some manual on the internet available that can help.Hope this will help.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.