cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tore007
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recomended Setup

Hi All,

I am new to this amazing 3d SLS scanning technology and wanted to get started with it.

I am hoping you could give me some insights on the setup. At the moment I only have canon 600D camera.

On a low budget what items (projectors/ tripods/lenses?/ or  other accessories would you recommend me to acquire?

I mostly plan to do scans ranging in sizes of about 20mmx20mm and 500mm x 1000mm.

Thanks for your help!!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Curiousjeff
Level 3
49 42 0 6
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recomended Setup

You have not mentioned the precision and surface quality you require. Nor your budget.

The Canon is a good starting point, but it's resolution is limited to the live view resolution (except Image grabber mode which has a very high resolution but is a little more complicated workflow).

Obviously, the higher the resolution of the camera, the better the lens, the higher the resolution of the projector, and precise calibration panels will provide the best results.

It's a question of budget.

Go read the David forum (before it vanishes).

Start by getting a decent projector (the recommended projector from David is ok, even though I don't like diamond shaped pixels. I believe that the LG projector that Micr0 uses is the best for David, his scans are definitely among the best ).

David is free to try. With the projector, your camera, building your calibration panels, you'll be ready to test.

Jeff

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation