cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
GregDohm
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Red, Vertical Line on all copies made using the Auto-Scan feature

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8625
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 3 month old 8625 printer just started printing a vertical red line on all copies produced in the Auto-Scan feature.

I tried cleaning the smaller glass pane the scanner uses, as suggested in the Forum, with no change.

Please advise!!  Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,648
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Greetings @GregDohm,

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you are getting a vertical red line when copying. I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a powered hub or a surge protector) This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation. I have seen an issue like this when the printer is plugged into a surge protector or UPS.

Please keep the scanner lid open and then press the copy button.
Check if the scanner bulb glows.
Also to see if the scanner moves freely across the glass.
Let me know the results.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. Please let me know the outcome. Have a nice day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
GregDohm
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help with my issue.

Tried cleaning the glass, etc....no change.

Unplugged unit and plugged directly into wall power.

That fixed it.

Previously plugged into a surge protector.

Glad it's fixed!

Not sure about exposure to voltage spikes!

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation