Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

I'm involved in a project to readdress 100+ printers. Some printers are DHCP, some are static. I can configure the statics to use DHCP, but in both cases I need to remotely reboot the printer so they pickup their new IPs.

Is this possible?

Ken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Depending on what level of reboot you want to do, it may be possible.

Access the printer's Embedded Web Server (EWS) by typing its IP address into a browser address bar.  Navigate to the Network then IPv4 settings.  You may be able to refresh the printer by clicking the Apply button in the lower right.  You may have to change something on the page then change it back before clicking Apply.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Depending on what level of reboot you want to do, it may be possible.

Access the printer's Embedded Web Server (EWS) by typing its IP address into a browser address bar.  Navigate to the Network then IPv4 settings.  You may be able to refresh the printer by clicking the Apply button in the lower right.  You may have to change something on the page then change it back before clicking Apply.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Delete

HP Recommended

Via DXPetti.com

1) Create a text file called reboot.txt with:

%‐12345X@PJL COMMENT
@PJL DMINFO ASCIIHEX="040006020501010301040105"
%‐12345X

2. FTP to the printer via it's IP:
ftp 1.2.3.4

Leave the Username and Password blank.

3. Place the text file (make sure you get the path) on the printer:

put %path%\reboot.txt

HP Recommended

@sflesch1 wrote:

Via DXPetti.com

1) Create a text file called reboot.txt with:

%‐12345X@PJL COMMENT
@PJL DMINFO ASCIIHEX="040006020501010301040105"
%‐12345X

2. FTP to the printer via it's IP:
ftp 1.2.3.4

Leave the Username and Password blank.

3. Place the text file (make sure you get the path) on the printer:

put %path%\reboot.txt

Hey. Slightly old post but wondering if you can still help. This is porbably a silly question but, I have a printer in a office (MFP M521dn) needing a reboot as I think the fax is not working properly. 

I tried the method above, but not sure if its worked or not. I mean the printer in question is 100 miles away. 

Last line read in cmd is: 

200 Port command successful

Should there be more is that it?

I've tried rebooting via the browser but there isn't an option.

Many thanks in advance.

charllz.

HP Recommended

My method is a lot simpler.

Do your reservation in DHCP, then change the network identifcation name and it refreshes it's tcp/ip to the new address.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.