Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (10,937 Views)

Reset HP Laserjet 6040 MFP to factory defaults

HI

I have in my office a HP Laserjet 6040 MFP which some one put a password for the web management and now i can't configure send to folder/networking anything...

My question is how can i do a reset to factory defaults which may restore access to admin config page on the jetdirect web management?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best Regards 

João Figueira

0 Kudos
Teacher
Message 2 of 3 (10,866 Views)

Re: Reset HP Laserjet 6040 MFP to factory defaults

Hi,

Have you tried following the steps in this document which outlines how to "Restore Factory Settings" from the Resets menu on the control panel?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01450248#A15

I am an HP employee.
Opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of HP.

Reminder: Please select the Accept as Solution button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the Kudos button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (10,860 Views)

Re: Reset HP Laserjet 6040 MFP to factory defaults

Hi and thank you for your reply.

On your referal theres only one reset which is for supply reset:

Reset Supplies  -New Document Feeder Kit(Yes/No)  - Notify the device that a new document-feeder kit has been installed.

i've tried this also:

CP6030 and CP6040 MFP series
1. Turn on the product, wait for the memory count, and then DURING the memory count
press and hold the 6 button until the three status LEDs are illuminated.
2. Release the 6 button.
3. Presses the 3 button until COLD RESET is displayed and then press the 6 button one
time.
The product will reset.

which didn't work too...

any other sugestions?

thanks in advance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation