Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 9 (15,311 Views)
Accepted Solution

Reset Password on HP Officejet 6500 E709a

I changed the IP for my printer and now the password for the Settings and the Networking sections of the control panel no longer works.  How do I go about resetting the password for this printer?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Reset Password on HP Officejet 6500 E709a

Oh, OK.  You probably need to do a hard reboot of the printer.  If you do this you will need to set it up again as it will be put back to factory status:

Turn the printer off.  Hold the # & 6 keys while turning the printer on.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 9 (15,302 Views)

Are you trying to reset your wireless "password"?  Have you tried re-running the Wireless Network WIzard from the front panel of the printer?

What brand/model of router and what kind of encryption do  you use?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
Top Student
Message 3 of 9 (15,300 Views)

I have the printer listed in the topic.  Router is a DLink DI-707P.  The printer is on the network via CAT6.  The password that is giving me problems is where I go into my browser and pull up the printer control panl by going to htt[://192.168.###.### (IP of the printer).  When I am there and lcik either the Settings or the Networking tab, I get prompted for an ID and Password.  I had this set and it was working until I had to change the IP of the printer.  Now when I enter the ID "admin" and the Password that was set, I the ID/Password box keeps coming up as it is rejecting my entry.  I was wondering if theer was a way to clear this password so I can get into these sections of the printer control panel.

Provost
Message 4 of 9 (15,292 Views)

Oh, OK.  You probably need to do a hard reboot of the printer.  If you do this you will need to set it up again as it will be put back to factory status:

Turn the printer off.  Hold the # & 6 keys while turning the printer on.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
Top Student
Message 5 of 9 (15,285 Views)

Thank you.  That was exactly what I needed.  Appreciate the timely response and evenb mroe so a repsonse that addresed the question at hand without any condescending comments.  Quite refreshing.

Student
Message 6 of 9 (12,317 Views)

Did the trick for me. I always get messages that my cartridges are missing after I replace one.

Honor Student
Message 7 of 9 (8,007 Views)

I can't print PDF files and I am not sure how to reset the password for the printer.  Any help?  Windows 7, Adobe 9. HP officejet 6500A plus

Student
Message 8 of 9 (6,779 Views)

Re: Reset Password on HP Officiate 6500 Ayah

New Printer

Student
Message 9 of 9 (4,919 Views)

Greetings,

I've got the exact same type of behavior with this problem. However, I did the password update from a 64bit linux box. Although it should NOT have mattered, I suspect that the outright assumption that users/modifiers would be exclusively driving Windoze or OSX machines, played into a slouch, and thus, a proper lack of checking. I can't do a bloody thing with this machine now!!!!!

Model:       HP Officejet 6500 E709 Series
Product Number:       CB815A
  Firmware Ver:       MJP1FN0907AR
Admin Password:       Set

Slainte,

technoidog@yahoo.com

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation