cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Manatee57 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Reviewers gave me the impression that ePrint worked *now*

I just bought a D110a so I could print from my iPad. I set it up, and surprise...  no ePrint.  I feel like the media has all agreed to keep quiet in their reviews that this key feature doesn't actually exist yet.

So, is it coming soon? I mean, since many of us already had perfectly good printers, but purchased this particular product just for this feature...

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Master's Graduate Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
586 530 17 172
Message 2 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Manatee57:

As you note, the ePrint service is not turned on yet.  HP is putting the finishing touches on this new service.  When the free product update is available, you will receive a notice on your printer's front panel which will allow you to download and install the update. Once the free update is installed, you will be able to begin using ePrint.  

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Manatee57 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks. I sure hope they have it soon.

I'll be really bummed if the other models come out before this feature is available. I bought this printer because I wanted this feature now, for use with my iPad.  The printer works great, aside from not having the one feature I bought it for.

0 Kudos
jnghawk Top Student
Top Student
2 2 0 2
Message 4 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Eprint should be available by the end of the month. The new printer lineup shouldnt be out for a couple of months.

0 Kudos
cwoodards2 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 1 0 0
Message 5 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You are not alone in feeling this way. I don't blame the media because they parroted the press release by HP when the printers were originally announced on June 7th. This is totally HP's doing. They shipped an ePrint printer without the primary functionality of the printer activated. I feel we are all subjects of a massive fraud. Please check out my blog at cwoodards2.blogspot.com. I have forwarded this to Dvorak, tweeted and fscebooked this to anyone who may be interested. Please feel free to pass it along to others as you deem appropriate.[text removed] Since you don't speak for HP, perhaps you can forward this post to someone who can.

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
2,249 922 21 144
Message 6 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum. This is a peer to peer community for customers to connect and share solutions on their HP consumer products. If you have direct feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

If you have other questions and concerns, please feel free to send me a private message

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

0 Kudos
mmcadams51 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I completely agree. I only boguth this because of the email feature. Nowhere did it say 'coming soon'. How long?

0 Kudos
HDCL Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 8 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Ok, well I guess I am the next VICTIM of the HP SCAM. I just visited an Office Depot, went through (3) diffrent very UN-KNOWLEDGEABLE associates. Finally the cashier, advised me for the purpose of printing from my iPhone, I should purchase the D110a Photosmart with e-print. HE SAID HE HAS ONE, AND IT WORKS GREAT!!! Really, how does he have one that works, and nobody else in the world does? Maybe he got a proto-type from HP, maybe he is LYING to sell the product, just like the company selling the product HP, maybe HP has shared the technique of LYING to sell products with Office Depot? Anyway, I have hooked my new printer up, and have been on the phone for over 2 hours, and HP does not know what I am talking about, and tell me it will be avaliable in September of 2010.Are you kidding me or what! [text removed] I just spent over 1hr on my last call (tckt#8040478185) and the first person I spoke with had "NO-CLUE" about e-print, or really anything other than not speaking english, the next person, again was unable to assist, the next person told me that it was released in June, and that it works now, and directed me to set up an email for my printer, she had NO-CLUE either, she thought where you set up your HP account with your email and screen name, password, etc.. was where I set up my email address for my HP printer. I am now going onto every BLOG, NEWS, NETWORKING SITE, Consumer Reports, etc. to express my latest purchase from Office Depot, thier associates and my purchase of my HP D110a (ePrint) Photosmart printer, and the lack of expertise, knowledge and the poor character, english and practices of ALL parties involved, including but not limited to HP, HP Support, HP (media, and print & packaging), Office Depot and Associates. There is an app on iTunes to download for free to your iProduct that will allow you to print within the range of your wireless network, not sure of the specifics, and/or what you can print. I found it in the area about apps for the HP printer, and in the lower right corner, there is a blurp about it, and a link to more information. I am going to try that for now, and PLEASE, if we all stay together, HP will have NO choice but to resolve and compansate for thier GROSS NEGLIGENCE.

0 Kudos
albee Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 9 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I agree the advertising led me to think service was up and running.  I too wanted to use with iPad.  I do understand that their sometimes a unforeseen problems with software.  The eprinter works fine otherwise, just give the company a bit of time.  It is not a life or death issue. HP has stood by their products and please remember they are not responsible for companies that resell their products. 

LoUDaMaN Tutor
Tutor
6 5 2 1
Message 10 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

eprint service is on as of July 15, 2010, @ 1:00PM.  My printer showed an update waiting, I updated and printer printed out all info including new eprint address.  Sent a foto email from my HTC HD2, printer received in 5 seconds, printed out the foto (5x7) in less than one minute.  Great service!!!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation