Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ENVY 5640 Printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Just installed new Envy 5640 printer on home network. Everything appears to work OK, except I can no longer print a file from within Roxio NXT2. All seems to be working exactly same as it used to with old printer until 'print', then nothing happens. Print queue is empty, and have checked Roxio NXT2 has 5640 printer selected. All other software, etc prints OK and exactly as expected.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Alan545

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have installed a new HP ENVY 5640 Printer and it works perfectly fine. However, it is no longer print a file from Roxio NXT2. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would suggest you to try performing the updates on the Roxio software and if it does not help then try to uninstall and reinstall it. If the issue persists then you may need to contact the original manufacturer of the Roxio software.

Feel free to keep me posted if you have any questions. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Have now upgraded Roxio from NXT2 to NXT5 - exactly the same result, ie goes through motions but will not print. All other software appears to be working and printing as expected. However, have noticed that if photo tray is selected there is a yellow triangle with exclamation mark on icon.

HP Recommended

@Alan545

Thank you for replying. 🙂

I suggest you contact the Roxio vendor because the printer works fine with all other software applications.

I read that if the photo tray is selected, there is a yellow triangle with exclamation mark icon. 

• I suggest you to check and let me know if the printer is able to pick the photo paper from the photo tray. 
  • Also, please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. 

Let me know what happens and I'll assist you further. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.