Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (715 Views)

Runtime error on deskjetF4435

[ Edited ]

Problem:  unable to scan (lights blink); printing is OK

when installing the solution centre software (by original CD and via HP site) i get the following error message:

run file:  runtime error users\a\appdata\local\temp\7zS059B\set-up.exe app has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.  Contact support team

I have gone through solutions 1-4. 

I have tried to uninstall but cannot find the HP printer program (have checked all files in my computer folder)

I am using Vista 64-bit

0 Kudos
Intern
Message 2 of 5 (684 Views)

Re: Runtime error on deskjetF4435

Hi go-bo,

Can you try to uninstall the program using the control panel?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uninstall-change-program#uninstall-change-program=windows...

Then try to install the basic drivers for deskjetF4435.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL27512/al-68531-4/DJ_AIO_05_F4400_NonNet_Basic_Win_enu_14...

Please let me know if this helps you. Thank you!

If my answer was helpful please click on the “Thumbs up “ button on the left to say Thanks.
Accept as Solution if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (671 Views)

Hello Robert,

I tried uninstalling as per your link but the HP progam didn't show up in the list so I couldn't complete the uninstall.

I tried to install the basic drivers as per link anyways and i got the following:

Runtime error

Program c\users\a\appdata\local\temp 7zS5B10\set-up.exe

this application has requested the runtime to terminate......

I also tried installing basic drivers from the website and got the same runtime error only the temp reference changed to:  7zS0465

I had a new hard drive put in a few months ago - I was told it's not a hard drive issue - do you think it is?  if it is the hard drive, why am I not having problems with printing and copy function? 

Intern
Message 4 of 5 (665 Views)

Hi go-bo,

I think at this point it is best that you contact  HP Tech Support to resolve this particular issue.

Because it may require you to clean up existing HP drivers/software and then re-installing them.

It could also be due to some missing files on your operating system. But as I agree with you that it is probably not your hard-drive.

I am sorry I could not successfully resolve your issue via this forum.

HP Tech Support: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hpsupport.html

If my answer was helpful please click on the “Thumbs up “ button on the left to say Thanks.
Accept as Solution if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (655 Views)

Thank you Robert.  Not the response I want to hear but I appreciate your efforts.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation