Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium
macOS 10.12 Sierra

HP Scanner is not scanning colors correctly, particularly orange. Please compare the following images attached. The scanning result (HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium) is a light pink color instead of the bright orange as shown in the iPhone photo below.  I have seen similar issues on the forum and I have tried the different settings recommended with the same bad result (scanning with the KIND setting set to "document" as well as "color" .  I have tried restarting, unplugging and resetting settings and still the same result. I even tried using a Windows computer but I still end up with the same result. I have tried everything and really need this to scan correctly for an important project. I would appreciate any support to correct this issue. Thanks for your assitance. 

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium Scan (with a pink result instead of orange):

HP SCANNER ERROR

iPhone photo displaying the correct orange.

PHOTO w ORANGE

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@HP_PRINTER_

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One printer and the screen output has a different color than the original. Thank you for sharing the images with your post. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I suggest you to make a color copy from the printer and check if the output is good. Also, please try to use the HP Easy Scan app and check the output.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reach out for further help. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended
Dear Mkazi,

Thanks for your assistance! I followed your suggestions but unfortunately, the output from the HP Easy Scan App produced the same "pink" result.

I also printed AND made a color copy of the orange sample and the output was good so I don't understand why the scanner cannot produce the orange correctly. As far as I can tell, all other colors scan correctly 😕

Is there anything else you can suggest? Thanks again for your help.
HP Recommended

@HP_PRINTER_

You are welcome. 🙂 I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot.

As the copy quality is good, it indicates that the scanner hard is good. I did some research and found that the Mac 10.12 Sierra drivers are not available. Therefore I suggest you to try installing the Mac inbuilt printer drivers and then try to scan using the Apple Image Capture application. Please follow the below steps:

• Please download the Mac inbuilt drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2flF56z.
  • From System Preferences, click on Print & Scan.
  • Click the Plus sign.
  • Select the listed Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One (This printer's drivers should work).
  • Click the drop-down menu next to Use or Print Using and click on Select Printer Software.
  • Select the Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One from the list.
  • Click OK to confirm your selection and add the printer, then try printing using the configured print queue.

Hope this helps. Please let me know what happens. Take care! 

HP Recommended

Dear Kazi,

Thanks for your continued assitance. I was able to download the Mac inbuilt drivers as you recommened.  After the step where I am  supposed to click the plus sign, I only noticed the current printer (8600) I have been trouble shooting. I did not see an option to add the 8610 e-All-in-One printer. I did however manage to select the drivers  for the 8610 e-All-in-One but still I get the same "pink" result when attempting to scan an orange book cover even when using the Apple Image Capture.

I wasn't clear what you meant in the last step as my issue is NOT with printing.  The printer output is fine. As mentioned above, my issue is that the scanning ouput is not producing the correct colors.  Thanks again for your time and if you have anymore suggestions, I would surely appreciate it !

HP Recommended

@HP_PRINTER_

You're most welcome. 🙂

Yes, your issue is not with printing, I should have mentioned scanning instead. 

We can try one more step and it might help:

• Click “Printers and Scanner” / “Print and Scan” or “Print and Fax”.
  • Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click “Reset printing system”.
  • Click “Reset” in the confirmation window.
  • Enter an administrator username and password, and then click “OK”.
  • Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list
  • Now click http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip to download and install the printer driver.
  • In the “Add printer” window, make sure you add the printer as mentioned below: 
  • Click the “Add button” (+).
  • Find, and then select the name of your printer from the printer list, and then click “Add” to add your printer.
  • Click “Print Using...”, and then select the name of your printer (By default “Airprint” would be selected)

Let's hope for the best this time and hopefully it works. Let me know what happens. Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Hello Kazi,

I sincerely appreciate the help.  I did try your previous suggestion but still no success.  I wondered if it were my own Macbook Pro that was the source of the problem but I highly doubt this is the case because I also tried two other HP scanners apart from the 8600 Premium that I own, including an HP Envy and an HP Photosmart 5510.  I give up!

😞

In addition, I also used different computers and operating systems including a Dell laptop, a brand new Macbook Pro, and an HP laptop. All of the HP scanners could not produce the correct output so I think I will be shopping around for different brand.

Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

Hello @HP_PRINTER_

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help, DVortex.  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.