cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
felipestrong Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

SCANNER Question (HP Officejet 6700 Premium)

I have an HP Officejet 6700 Premium.  I'm using a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks.  The printer is connected to my wireless network.  When I scan from the printer itself and send it to my computer wirelessly, the scans get saved in the "Pictures" folder.  How do I permanently change where the scanned files get sent to?  I have a folder calle "My Scans" on my desktop thaty I'd like all of my scans to get sent to.  I can't seem to figure it out.  I've searched other threads on this forum and none seem to be addressed to this particluar question for this particular printer for this particular OS.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
9,294 7,777 397 982
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi felipestrong,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! I see you are interested in saving the scans from your HP Officejet 6700 Premium to a specific folder that you have created, instead of defaulting to the Pictures folder. You are using the Mac 10.9 OS and scan wirelessly from the front panel of your OJ 6700. Please follow the steps listed below:

1. Go to your GO option in the top left hand corner

2. Scroll to Applications

3. Select the Hewlett Packard folder

4. Select Utility

5. Under the Scan Settings section select Scan to Computer

6. In the bottom right hand corner select Edit Scan Tasks

7. Save as Pdf (documents) or Jpeg (pictures)- whichever you prefer

8. Scroll to Other to locate the My Scans folder you created

9. Hit Choose and then OK

Now when you scan from the front panel of your OJ 6700, your scans will be saved in the desired folder you chose.

I hope this helps!!

Thank you again,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tags (1)
felipestrong Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

This totally helped.  Thank you very much.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation