05-26-2015 11:13 AM
I don't know if there's ever a plan to roll the version of SW available on the web for the 8600 that will correct this. I do have a workaround, however, that allows you to install the SW from a newer device, and replace the files for the 8600 to effectively upgrade the SW. You will first need to download and install the latest version available on the web for your 8600. Then follow the instructions in this post to do the SW update:
best of luck!
05-27-2015 05:50 AM
05-29-2015 11:27 AM
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME DO THE FOLLOWING WORKAROUND. I WOULD APPRECIATE SOME HELP DOING THIS, VIA REMOTE DESKTOP, LIVE CHAT, TELEPHONE? PLEASE HELP. I REALLY NEED THIS FUNCTIONALITY. THANK YOU>>>>>
"While the software for the 8600 doesn't support this feature, I tested a workaround that allows you to replace just the scanning components of that software with the newer ones from a different newer scanner (e.g. 8620), and get back that functionality. This does require a few install steps to accomplish.
1) Make sure that you are using the latest version of the SW for your 8600. If you installed from the disc that came with your printer, uninstall the software, and re-install version 28.8 that is availlable from HP support site.
2) Download and install the software for the Officejet Pro 8620. During install, just select the option to connect the device later. This will allow the install to complete without hooking up an 8620.
3) The next steps will guide you thru making a backup copy of your existing 2 scan application components, and copy over the newer ones from the 8620. If you are on a 64 bit system, you will be doing this from your "C:\Program Files (x86)" base folder. If 32 bit system, then just the standard "C:\Program files". I will refer to this folder in the following steps as just <program files>
4) Navigate to "<program files>\HP Officejet Pro 8600\Bin"
5) Rename HPScan.exe found in this folder to "HPScan.exe.original"
6) Copy the newer HPScan.exe from "<program files\HP Officejet Pro 8620\Bin" into "<program files>\HP OfficeJet Pro 8600\Bin"
7) Navigate to "C:\Windows\twain_32\HP Officejet Pro 8600".
😎 Rename HPScanUI.dll found in this folder to "HPScanUI.dll.original"
9) Copy the newer HPScanUI.dll from "C:\Windows\twain_32\HP Officejet Pro 8620" into "C:\Windows\twain_32\HP Officejet Pro 8600"
10) At this point, you are done. You shoud be able to launch the scanning software as you normally would, and you will see the new version of the SW that allows you to to "Use ADF if Loaded". I tested this on my system and it works just fine. Of course, if for any reason this fails, simply delete the newer scan components you copied, and then rename the original files back to their original names."
05-29-2015 04:34 PM
I am working on pulling together a SW build for you from our latest SW releases. This new version has a lot of new functionality in it, and includes the Flatbed/ADF fix. It will allow you to select "Use ADF If Loaded". I am working out how to properly deliver this, so bear with me. Might not be until early next week, is that OK?
06-01-2015 10:35 PM
Request went in today for upload to HP public FTP site. Once that is completed, I will share the link!
06-02-2015 10:23 AM
Ok, the new SW to use can be found here:
Download and install this. This will install an application on your system called "HP Scan Extended". This software is intended to work with any recent HP scanner that already has the drivers installed. The software does not replace your existing HP Scan that shipped with the device. Rather it is an alternative solution that provides much more functionality than what came with your device originally. This software is already shipping with newer HP devices.
The source selection defaults to "Use document feeder if loaded", so you should be able to scan from the ADF or flatbed all in one session.