Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

PLA REPLY +LY

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Please follow this support document to resolve this issue: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/troubleshootDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=1...

if issue doesn't resolve, keep printer turn OFF for couple of hours and turn ON again. If still issue not resolved, this printer may require service, you can contact to HP support group. 

Thanks,

ExpertOne

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos!" which is on the left. Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue
HP Recommended
Hp lejerjet M1005
HP Recommended
Plz reslove my hp lajerjet m10005 scanner error 12.
HP Recommended

hai

I have a problem in hp M1005 mfp

it`s displayaing scanner 12 

is there any solution

plz reply

HP Recommended

In order to resolve this issue, please follow the steps showing in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzd-u5Bzi44

After performaning it your scanner will start working but it might given half page with large scanning. 

So to fix that follow below steps:

-Power on printer,

-Click on Ok button on printer control panel.

-Press and hold the left arrow key and OK button.

-Release both keys at same time.

-choose the option "Scan top" service.

-Restart the printer.

It should be working now.

HP Recommended

solvingof scnner error 12 in printer HP LASER JET M 1005 MFP

HP Recommended

I OWN A PRINTER HP LASER JET M1005MFP.I BOUGHT IT ABOUT 20 MONTHS BACK. A FEW MONTHS AGO ITS SCANNER STOPPED WORKING WITH DISPLAY SHOWING THE MESSAGE 'SCANNER ERROR 12'. I TOOK IT TO THE MECHANIC WHO CHARGED INR 1000 AND RETURNED IT THE NEXT DAY. IT STARTED WORKING. BUT AFTER ABOUT A MONTH THE PROBLEM REAPPEARED. THIS TIME I DID NOTHING AND KEPT USING IT AS A PRINTER ONLY. AFTER A COUPLE OF MONTHS IT STARTED WORKING ON ITS OWN  AS A SCANNER TOO. NOW SOMETIMES IT HAPPENS THAT IT STOPS WORKING AS SCANNER SHOWING THE SAME MESSAGE [SCANNER ERROR 12] , I SWITCH IT OFF FOR SOME MINUTES AND ITS ERROR GETS REMOVED AUTOMATICALLY. NOW SHOULD I DO SOMEYHING ELSE TOO OR KEEP BEARING WITH IT?

HP Recommended

Hello Did you try my steps that was suggested in the post. If not, then try below steps:

In order to resolve this issue, please follow the steps showing in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzd-u5Bzi44

After performaning it your scanner will start working but it might given half page with large scanning. 

So to fix that follow below steps:

-Power on printer,

-Restart the printer.

HP Recommended

Dear Kulbeer,

to fix that follow below steps:

-Power on printer,

-Restart the printer.

Do not forget to give kudo if this fixes your issue

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.