cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sontanedab
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

SUDDENLY EXTREMELY SLOW SCANNING FROM CPU

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

PLEASE HELP!!!

Suddenly scanning documents sent from CPU (HPw2336h) is EXTREMELY SLOW!

Don't know if there is a connection, but

1) a few days ago when I opened the lid to place a document on the flatbed a spring (about 1 inch long) flew out I don't know from which part of the printer -- it's black in color.

2) about two weeks ago I setup my printer to receive faxes

I NEED MY SCANNER FEATURE!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,946 2,576
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @sontanedab

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer is slowing very slow and also a spring came out of the printer.

I’d love to help!

I recommend you to try doing a copy and check if the speed is fine.

If the copying is working fine then I believe the speed issue may be related to either the USB cable or the software, because if the printer can copy at a good speed, it can scan at that speed too.

I will recommend that you make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet to ensure it's getting all the power it needs to scan. If it's already plugged into a wall, or that does seem to change the speed, let's try a few other things.

If you're just scanning a black and white document, choose black over color for scanning as color takes longer as it's looking for more than the black scanning does. I would also recommend that you try a different USB cable with the printer. Most people don't tend to upgrade their USB cables for their printers as most don't come with one any longer, but it's possible if it's an older cable that it could be slowing down the communication.

As you are running Windows, you can also try downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor and see if it has anything helpful to suggest under the Fix Scanning option.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation