cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
386 384 16 76
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Saving individual TIFF Files for multiple photos / regions using HP Scanning

HP Recommended

The HP Scanning software was supposed to always save multiple TIFF files per region scanned for Photos.    However as many users have found, this does not work.   I will submit this to our support teams for consideration to fix in future releases, but in the meantime, there are a couple workarounds to fix this.

1. (Recommended) Create a new shortcut from existing shortcut that sets TIFF to multiple file output.

Steps:

-          Launch HP Scanning to initial shortcut screen

-          Select the base shortcut (e.g. “Picture to File”) that you want to use.  You MUST choose a shortcut that has its default Scan Type as Picture.

-          Change the Scan Type from Picture to Document.

-          Click on “Save to File Save Options” button

-          Change the File Type to TIFF (or TIFF compressed).  Notice that you now see a check box for “Create one file per scanned page….”.   Make sure you check this box!   Click on OK to go back.

-          Now the important step!   Change your Scan Type from Document back to Picture.  

-          Click on “Save Shortcut” and give it a name of your choosing. 

-          Now whenever you use this shortcut, it will save TIFF files to individual images

2.  Modify the Scan INI file to permanently fix the multipage TIFF output setting.

Steps:

-          Find your per-user HP Scanning shortcut XML configuration file.  <UserName> is your account login (e.g. administrator), and <modelname> is your scanner model (e.g. g4050, n6350, etc).

• Windows Vista/7 and later:  “c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\HP\Digital Imaging\<modelname>.xml.
  • Windows XP:  “C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digitial Imaging\<modelname>.xml”.

-          Open this file in an editor, and search for the shortcut name you wish to change (e.g.  “Picture To File”).

-          Now within this shortcut, search for the tag “<OneFilePerScannedPage>”.    Notice that right after this there will be value of 0.   This means that this shortcut is configured to save all images to a single file, assuming that the file type currently chosen supports multiple pages (TIFF).

-          Change the value from 0 to 1.   This will enable individual files per image.

-          Repeat this for each shortcut within the XML file you wish to change.  

-          Save the file, and relaunch HP Scanning to verify fix.

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For me it works as expected without the work around in Scanjet 4010 with latest driver in Win7 x32. Is my observation correct?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

it is working for me pretty well when i using tiff saving method for scanning. thank you once more for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
42 39 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, fhimage.

Did you mean to save Tiff image using some tiff processing SDK? I will try it later. Thanks for your nice info.

Best regards,

Arron

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation