Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pro 8600 Premium
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I use my top feeder to scan or copy a document it puts a vertical line just to the left of center on my copied or scanned document.  It has been doing it for a long time now and it is starting to become iritatiting.  
What can be done to fix this??

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @emeggison,

Good Day.   Thank you for stopping by the HP forums. I reviewed the post regarding a vertical line that appears with each copy or scan. I will be glad to assist you here. 🙂

Superb description and splendid diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

• Did you perform a hard reset on the printer and check?
  • Did you clean the scanner glass of the printer?

It looks like a hardware issue with the printer. Please perform all the prescribed steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c02866222  to try and resolve the issue. If the printer has no hardware issues, this should resolve the issue for you. If it does not, then please contact HP phone support to get the printer replaced.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps.

Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your support and feedback David.  I will reveiw the information and instructions you provided.  I tried to clean the document feeder as much as I could without taking the printer apart  🙂 and I did not believe it was an issue on the glass top as copies without using the document feeder do not have the vertical line that runs the lentgh of the paper like it does when I use the top tray document feeder.

I will provide feedback here once I look at the links you provided and if I have to follow up with Tech Support.

Thank you again.

Earl

HP Recommended

@emeggison

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

Yes please try the above mentioned troubleshooting steps when you have time.

Let me know the outcome.

I will be more than glad to assist you if required.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.