cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
warf1
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Scan driver is unable to communicate with the product

HP Recommended
Deskjet F4500 series
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an HP Deskjet F4500 All-in-One Printer series thankfully I created a restore point just before installing this driver set. My scanner and the scan Doctor says the driver is unable to communicate with the product. I connect wirelessly and when i open the printer webpage I can webscan and drag the scanned copy to my desktop just fine. I rolled back to my previous restore point and my scanner started working again. I tried the DJ_AIO_06_F4500_USW_Full_Win_WW_140_175-4.exe file that your site recomends I use. Again and again it broke my scanner. I rolled back to the restore point and again it started working.

please will you be fixing this problem?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,944 2,571
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @warf1

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having issues with the driver.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

I recommend you to update the firmware of your printer. Follow the steps in the below article to update the firmware.

http://hp.care/2q4kY6E

Once the firmware updates, I recommend you to install the driver and check if it helps.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation