cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JanetTheRealtor
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Scan to e-mail

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Unable to scan to e-mail from printer screen.  It was working, but all of a sudden I get a message "Cannot find the remote server.  Check server name or use IP address."  I have tried to solve this problem for atleast 12 hours and cannot fix it.  Is anyone able to help me?   HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Aardvark1
Retired
Retired
3,446 3,272 246 419
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @JanetTheRealtor

Welcome to the HP forums.

I understand that you are having a problem with the scan to email feature on your Officejet Pro 8600 Plus.

I would like to help.

you may have to run the scan to email setup wizard again.

Follow these steps to use the Scan to Email Wizard in the HP software to set up the Scan to Email feature.
 NOTE:
During the profile setup process, you might be asked for SMTP server name, SMTP port number, or authentication information. You can contact the email/Internet service provider or system administrator for the information. SMTP server names and port names are typically easy to find by doing an Internet search. For example, use terms like “gmail smtp server name” or “yahoo smtp server name" to search.
  1. Open the HP software, and then double-click Scanner Actions or double-click Scan to Email Wizard
  2. When the outgoing email profile window displays, click New, and then enter the email address that you want to use with the profile.
  3. Enter an email profile display name. This is the name that will display on the printer control panel for the email profile.
  4. Enter a security pin to restrict access to this email profile from the printer control panel, if desired.
  5. If you typically need to enter a user name and password to log into your email account, enter that information into the email authentication fields.
  6. Click Next, and then click Save and Test or Save to complete the email profile configuration.

The steps are taken from the following document.

Scan From the Control Panel (Including Scan to Email, to a PDF, and to a Network Folder) for HP Offi...

You could be having a problem with the SMTP settings, or there could be a problem on the providers end. If the problem with with the service provider, then it usually clears up within 24 hours.

Please do not post your full email, but if I could have the @gmail or @whatever, I could find you the server and SMTP information

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation