Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 1 (506 Views)

Scanjet G4050 Software Uninstall left software that does not show up on Control Panel

I had an HP Scanjet G4050 working on my Vista PC. I started getting some error messages so I decided to uninstall the program to see if reinstalling it would fix the problem. I did not get any error messages on the uninstall. When I went to install the program again, I checked the custom installed and was surprised to see that it showed that the following software programs were still installed:

1. HP Imaging Device Functions

2. HP Solution Center

3. HP Scanjet 4000 Series

4. HP OCR Software

Only the HP Update and HP Photosmart Essential 1.12 were not installed. I went to the control panel to see if I could uninstall them but they did not show up there. If I use the uninstall in the setup CD that came with the scanner, it does not uninstall them.

I can install the two programs that were not installed but I do not get the Solution Center software. I have tried many things and nothing seems to work. I even tried  the instructions in the following URL but nothing works. Any suggestions? I have spent several days trying to fix this. The PC recognizes the hardware - so the driver is okay.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=3236371&spf...

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation