Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Just joined
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Scanjet Handwriting Recognition

HP Recommended

Is there a good handwriting recognition software that I can run on a Mac that's compatible with HP scanners?

I've got an HP G3110 scanner, and it'd be nice for scans to be queued directly to handwriting recognition software.

Otherwise, it'd be nice to have something that can eat scanned .pdf files, recognise the handwriting and spit out text files.

Actually, since I'm scanning in diaries, I have handwriting, and printing (the date of each entry). What I'd really like to be able to do would be to have a page of, say, four days, scanned to four entries, one for each day, with the handwriting converted to text. I know this is asking a lot, but, maybe, there is something out there that might be able to do this.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
82 80 7 18
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Handwriting scanning is a feature that not all scaners come with.

There are OCR softwares (optical character recognition) that they could do what you need.

Unfortunately, HP doesn´t develop any  OCR software.

There certainly are  OCR software that they also do handwriting recognition.

Here is a link to the WIKI, that explains very well what handwriting recognition is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handwriting_recognition

Here you have another link so you check on the Cnet website for OCR´s.

http://www.cnet.com/topic/handwriting-recognition.html

I don´t have any preference on OCR software, but, I have heard good things about Read- IRIS software from other customers before.

I hope you find the OCR that fits your needs.

Best regards,

I am an HP employee

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation