cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sourdoughjim
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Scanjet Pro 2500 f1

HP Recommended
HP Scanjet Pro 2500 f1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased a Scanjet 2500 to replace my old HP scanner (which provided over 20 years of excellent service) because it was showing it's age and putting streaks on photographs.

I got the 2500 specifically for digitizing photographs, most of them with the glossy finish.

After scanning in a lot of images I was disappointed to discover that either the scanner or the software wasn't able to properly handle the glossy finish. 

In areas of the photos with light colors the scanner adds what can only be described as "speckles."

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and, if so, how you dealt with it.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Josh_V
Level 1
Level 1
11 11 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for your question. 

Please make sure to be using the Scanning Software that came with the unit. There are some quality adjustments that can be done to enhance the quality of the scanned jobs.

Feel free to call Tech Support If you need assistance setting up "shortcuts" with specific Darkness/Brightness settings. 

Regards.

I am an HP Employee.
Kudos are highly appreciated if my advice was accurate!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation