cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
trinipop
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scanjet g2710 and Mavericks

My Scanjet g2710 worked fine until Mavericks. I was forced to use VueScan with the scanner and while this works fine, I am at a loss as to why HP hasn't as yet provided the necessary drivers for the scanner. It's now mid-2014 and this problem has existed too long. Come on HP get  your act together.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 5 FretnBoutNutn
Level 5
150 147 11 56
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi trinipop,

Sorry for your frustration.  I just checked the support.hp.com software download page for the Scanjet G2710 and am also frustrated to see that the utility that was intended to be posted here for Mavericks customers is not to be found.  I will look into this and see if I can expedite its posting.

Let me provide some information about the situation:

* the TWAIN scan driver for your G2710 actually does continue to work on Mavericks with 32-bit TWAIN-compliant applications.  In many cases you may need to ensure that these applications are running in 32-bit mode in order to load the HP driver.  Check the "Get Info"  details for your TWAIN applications to ensure that they are running in 32-bit mode.

* As I expect you have observed, most G2710 customers, and others with TWAIN-only solutions for their HP scanners have experienced scanning issues on Mavericks.  Typically HP Scan v2.4.4 can create a preview of the scanned image, but the saved output is either corrupted or black.

* HP has created a 32-bit TWAIN scan app called "HP Scan Utility" that works with your installed v2.4.4 HP TWAIN driver to provide a workaround for the issues observed with the HP Scan application.  This utility is intended to be available for download from support.hp.com.  Please watch for this utility to appear hopefully within the next few days.

* Many of the scan issues that were observed by HP customers have been addressed through Mavericks OS updates from Apple.  Please ensure that you have accepted all OS updates as this may significantly improve your experience with the HP solution.

FretnBoutNutn
I work for HP.

- Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
- Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5 FretnBoutNutn
Level 5
150 147 11 56
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is a follow-up to my previous post.  I was looking in the wrong path for the HP Scan Utility .  You can find it here

Title:

Scanjet Software Patch to Use HP Scan Driver for Mac OS X v10.6 on OS X v10.9

Description:

This patch installs HP Scan Utility for OS X v10.9 Mavericks.  Use HP Scan Utility instead of HP Scan if you experience issues when scanning on OS X Mavericks.  

NOTE: If you have not already done so, you must also install HP Scanjet Full Feature Software and Drivers for Mac OS X v10.6 version 2.4.4.

Installation Instructions:

Double-click on the downloaded DMG file to view its contents.  Select and drag HP Scan Utility to the Applications/Hewlett-Packard folder.  

Hope this helps,

FretnBoutNutn
I work for HP.

- Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
- Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation