Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LASERJET m1522n
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi

I' ve installed "El Capitan" on my Macbook PRO 15"

I have a multifunction HP LASERJET m1522n

the Printer is ok

but I'm not able to use the Scanner;

there is a solution?

thanks a lot

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello, @alenis - Greetings!

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you are experiencing trouble while scanning after updating to Sierra. I will do my best to assist you with this issue 🙂

I would suggest you use “HP Easy Scan” so that you can scan from your computer. HP Easy Scan is a free app from the App Store with tools to scan documents and photos to a Mac running OS X 10.9 or later. Please install it here: http://apple.co/2lsPpwU 

Also, check http://hp.care/2d75fhX to get detailed instructions to scan and also to change the settings while scanning.

Please let me know whether that works for you. Thank you!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi

I've Tried with the Easy Scan Software, 

I' ve downloaded  the drivers from this link : https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?locale=it_IT

and I've installed these, but it doesn't work.

El Capitan look the printer but not the scanner. El Capitan doesnt' find any scanner

and here,  https://support.apple.com/it-it/HT201465

I see that there is no support for the scan in El Capitan for the HP Laserjet M1522n

HP Recommended

@alenis

It looks like you were interacting with @Dvortex, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I understand the printer doesn't support the El Capitan version of MacOS, however, here's the workaround:

Please download and install the HP Easy Scan App to see if that will allow you to scan from the ADF. Use the HP Easy Scan App. 

• HP Easy Scan 

If an item is loaded into the ADF, HP Easy Scan automatically defaults to the ADF as the source. To manually select the ADF, open the Presets menu, select Edit Settings, then select Document Feeder from the Source menu. 

• Apple Image Capture 

In the Scan Mode menu, select Document Feeder. 

• HP Scan 

If an item is loaded into the ADF, HP Scan automatically defaults to the ADF as the source. To manually select the ADF, click Scan, click Show Details, select Document from the Type menu, then select Document Feeder from the Source menu. 

I also suggest using the Apple Scan while you wait for the HP software to be updated. You can use the following link to confirm your printer is still compatible with your OS: Printer and scanner software for MacOS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, and Mavericks

Mac Basics: Using a scanner 

For related links, please click here. 

Also, try installing this firmware upgrade to fix this issue: Click here to download

Let me know how that works out, keep me in the loop and Good luck! 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've installed Easy Scan; but the software doesn't see the scanner; in the menù where there is the scanner list is empty.

I've installed the firmware

and the printer works, but not the scanner.

in the list of the supported device by El Capitan, I see my HP Laserjet M1522n, but only as a printer and not as a scanner

HP Recommended

perhaps I've Found a solution:

modify the name to  an olders version of IOS Mac , install the HP drive, and modify again the number of the version of IOS

I'll try it

HP Recommended

@alenis

Hi,

as @Riddle_Decipher is out of the office, I'm replying to you.

Sure, please let us know if that works. 

The main reason why the scanning is not working is due to the lack of the full featured drivers. 

Hope it works. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi team

I' ve found two solutions here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/HP-M1522nf-MFP-No-Scanning-Support-OS-X-Yosemite-SOL...

the first  is to change the name version of IOS, but it can be dangerous;

the secondo is to install in another way the upgrade of HP Driver.

here the actions of the second:

1. Download the HP-LaserJet-M1522-MFP-series_v1.5.0.DMG file.

2. Double click to open.

3. Drag and drop the HP LJ M1522 MFP series v1.5.0.mpkg file to desktop. (Very important)

4. Right click on the copied file → Show package contents → Contents

5. Open distribution.dist file in a text editor.

6. Locate and delete this line → <installation-check script="pm_install_check();"/>

7. Save the file. Now try to install .

thanks

HP Recommended

Easy Scan doesn't work; ti doesn't check the scanner; but the basic software HP it is able to see the scanner; so it works

HP Recommended

@alenis

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for. 

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.