Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question
Scanner Error 12
Replies (35)

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Teacher
Message 11 of 36 (33,693 Views)

Re: Scanner Error 12

For M1005 MFP Scanner error 12’s and error 6’s, new firmware (20120831 or newer version) is now available to resolve the issue.  

www. hp.com.

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/CLC?h_pagetype=s-001&h_lang=en&h_product=1839458&h_client=s-h-e009-1&...

I am an HP employee.
Student
Message 12 of 36 (33,540 Views)

From yesterday onwards - we are facing Scanner Error 12 - problem with our HP laserjet M1005 MFP - The printer is working quite ok - but scanner is not working.  We have done a couple of time uninstall the driver and load a fresh one - but still the problem persists - pl. provide us a solution.

regards

Kamal kochar.

Honor Student
Message 13 of 36 (33,511 Views)

scanner error 12
Teacher
Message 14 of 36 (33,502 Views)

Have you tried to upgrade the FW as the above link references?

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
Message 15 of 36 (33,319 Views)

For this problem the  flatbed scanner unit want to check whther it is internal any broken or not if not please clean the  railing rod and fix it back  problem will resolve because i have done in my customer place the case resolved  if  the scanner unit internal broken the gear want to replace whole unit.

Honor Student
Message 16 of 36 (33,318 Views)

please clean the scanner unit which is internal in flatbeb scanner or just check any part has broken in that.
Student
Message 17 of 36 (32,669 Views)

[ Edited ]

sir,

mere paas HP Laserjet M1005 MFP Scanner hai.plz mujhe jaldi se jaldi scanner error 12 ka solution dijiye.

iska solutin kirpya meri mail {Personal Information Removed} pr bhej dein. is se pehle firmware update se ye prob. solve ho gayee thi mgr abhi rfu off ka msg ata hai. smjh nahi aati rfu on kaise karoon plz help me...............

Regents Professor
Message 18 of 36 (32,648 Views)

[ Edited ]

Looks like you are experiencing a common scanning error code, error 12, when you try to use your machine. For many people I have seen this issue resolved by going to the HP support website and downloading the full-feature software, or the latest LJ generic driver and installing that after first removing the device and the software from the computer. 

For some LJ printers you can search www.hp.com/support for those drivers or by Googling for the specific model number if you cannot find it through the normal customer website. 

You could also consider running this diagnostic tool : http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03286146

Let me know! 

Student
Message 19 of 36 (32,526 Views)

Good morning..

I am a resident of India and since a few days i have been facing praoblems with my HP Laserjet M1005 MFP. As soon as i switch on the instrument it prompts an error named 'SCANNER ERROR 12'. The printing is fine but the scanner has stopped working. Its an earmest request to everyone who has faced a similiar problem and has got it rectified to please help me out regarding the same. I'l be extremely grateful for the effort.

Thanks.

Honor Student
Message 20 of 36 (32,512 Views)

hai for scanner  error  12  in hp laserjet m1005 having issue with scanner motor. some time it will problem  occur  firmware issue.

maipak123 wrote:

Good morning..

I am a resident of India and since a few days i have been facing praoblems with my HP Laserjet M1005 MFP. As soon as i switch on the instrument it prompts an error named 'SCANNER ERROR 12'. The printing is fine but the scanner has stopped working. Its an earmest request to everyone who has faced a similiar problem and has got it rectified to please help me out regarding the same. I'l be extremely grateful for the effort.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation