cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
natcomp3
Level 1
14 10 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scanner Error 16 HP laserjet pro 400 mfp M425

HP laserjet pro 400mfp M425
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

Good day

I have 2 Hp laserjet 400mfp one of them had an error i was trying to fix and i tried to test the control panel on the 2nd one (which was working fine.) I opened the left cover removed the scanner unit and the control panel put what turned out to be the faulty control panel tested put everything back together now i get get scanner error 16 on the 2nd (working) printer. I have checked and rechecked all connection.. swopped formatter boards and the error persists. I have swoped scanner units as well and the other scanner unit (from printer 1) works perfectly. I checked the service manual and no scanner error 16 is recorded. SOS

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 13
7,129 7,121 557 997
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

natcomp3
Level 1
14 10 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you. IT turns out it was the cable leading to the ADF that had a slight tear in it. Is it possible to purchase just the cable from HP or an HP dealer.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation