Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4620
macOS 10.12 Sierra

My printer, HP easy scan and HP utilitys apps were all working fine, but now I can only print?

I had my printer hooked up to my apple airport and was printing from all my Macs connected to my WiFi through the apple airport  modem. Each Mac could find the printer through "Bonjour". Now I have updated to the lastest macOS 10.12 and I can only print, the HP easy scan and HP utilitys apps cannot find the printer. The HP easy scan does  not show any printer when you try to find a new one. 

I also have a QNAP NAS network server setup as well. I  pluging the printer in the NAS and it setup and connected the HP printer, howerver; The printer works fine and all the Macs can find it with Bonjour, but the HP easy scan and HP utilitys apps  still do not work. I have attached 2 screen captures of the error messages.

I have deleted and reinstalled the lastest drives from the HP website and the problem is still there.

HP easy scan screen.pngHP easy scan screen.png

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Kenari,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to scan from your HP Officejet 4622 e-All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if you are adding the printer from AirPrint drivers and not from the HP Print Drivers.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the links below:

1. Uninstalling HP Printer Software (Mac)

2. Resetting the Printing System (Mac)

3. Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update

Note: While adding the printer use HP Print Driver avoid using AirpPrint drivers.

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Ok, Sorry I haven't gotten back to you earlier! 

So, I have done all the steps above and this is the result.

1: I can print to my printer from my Mac with the printer connected to my Airport. I can also print to my printer when it is connected to my QNap Nas network.

2: I cann't HP Utility, same error message, "Can not connect to printer when conneted to Airport!" 

3: I cann't use the HP easy scan with my  Mac if the printer is connected  to my Airport!

So, why could I do this before? I have had the same set up with my printer connected to the Airport, I have had this setup for the past 4 years or so! I could scan, print, open utility app. No to top it off, the print will not print BLACK INK. My pages keep coming out blank if it is just text.

What would be the next step, before I throw the printer in the bin!

KG

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.