cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post

Scanner inaccessible.

HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I can print but when I try to scan I get a message advising me the scanner is unaccessable. Reset modem. Unplugged printer several times. Downloaded print and scan doctor, which gave me this message: Driver Error: This tool was unable to resolve the problem, even after a restart. When I click on the hyperlink for HP Customer Care, it sends me here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/model/5070120/document/c03586087?sessionId=137fdcf3-71f8-44c5-bb... The page will not load. 

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
12,808 12,761 1,281 3,177
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP forum.

Can you download and install the FULL feature printer software from HP for your operating system:

The following resource will help you :

HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL50403/mp-150580-2/hppiw.exe

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi greenturtle,

Thanks for your quick reply. 

I used the HP Printer Wizard to install the full feature printer software again. hp.JPG

Unfortunately, despite restarting my desktop, the printer and my router, I still cannot scan. I can print.
unreachable.JPG

The print and scan doctor gives me the same message as before:doctor.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.  Can you try this alternative solution:

HP Scan Extended

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Let us know if that works.

I am an HP Employee
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sadly, no luck. Yes, the scanner is on. I can scan to a memory card successfully. I can print from my computer successfully. Bt I cannot scan from my Photosmart 7510 to my computer. So very frustrating.
hp scan.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI

Try this uninstaller from Microsoft and then reinstall the FULL feature software again.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

Let us know if that works.

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, greenturtle, but still not working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I haven't heard from you for a while, greenturtle.  Does this mean I will never be able to scan from my HP desktop to my HP scanner again? I guess my options are to boot my Macbook every time I want to scan something or buy another non-HP scanner. I appreciate the time you took to try and help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Tunachick

The instructions were for a WIndows Operating System as per the origianl post.

Seems that your system is a MAC from your most recent post.

We'll engage the help of our Mac Expert @ShlomiL, if he can provide some assistance.

Hi @ShlomiL

Can you take a look and see if we can help this user?

Thanks for your help!

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
29,665 29,385 5,078 11,655
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey There,

By reviewing the discussion I'm quite confused... will appreciate your clarification.

Do you have any issues scanning from your Macbook or is your Mac fully functional and you are able to scan from it?

From your description I understood that the Mac is fine for scanning, your HP Desktop fails to scan. am I correct?

To ensure I'm fully clear, those are two different computers, not a Mac computer with a Windows operating system on it.. am I right?

Please clarify accordingly,

Thanks!

Regardless, on a general matter regarding Windows 10 - please right click the start icon and select Run, type Services.msc and press OK.

Locate the Windows Image Aquisition Servies and double click it, then select the Dependencies tab..

What services are listed within that tab?

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation