Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 18 (243 Views)

Scanner not recognized

I am using an HP 8250 on a WIN 7 64-bit machine.  It has been working well for quite a while.  Now, however, I get the following message:  "error interacting with scanner:  the selected scanner was not found."  I tried uninstalling & reinstalling the driver.  Can anyone offer some ideas?

Thanks, JSK999

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 18 (226 Views)

Re: Scanner not recognized

Hello,

I see that you're having an issue with printer not being able to interact with the scanner. I would suggest updating the adobe reader and then try scanning again. 

Remember if you find any of my post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.

I really appreciate it!

Please let me know the outcome. 

Thanks!

Top Student
Message 3 of 18 (225 Views)

Thanks, but I think it must be something else.  I'm using the latest version of Adobe Acrobat, not the Reader.  The Windows "Fax and Scanning" function doesn't recongize the printer either.  Any other thoughts?

Regents Professor
Message 4 of 18 (224 Views)

[ Edited ]

OK, Acrobat is Adobe Reader, do you have the latest adobe reader? 

Also, try using paint to scan and let me know the outcome to this.

Remember if you find any of my post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.
I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Top Student
Message 5 of 18 (217 Views)

Yes, I have the latest version.  "Paint" doesn't recognize the scanner either, nor does "Windows fax and scan."  What next?  Thanks for your help

Regents Professor
Message 6 of 18 (214 Views)

OK, I'm assuming you're connecting the printer USB. Please try and add a printer in the windows and faxes folder and let me know if you can scan through paint after this. 

I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Top Student
Message 7 of 18 (205 Views)

Yes, USB.  I still can't scan through paint, and in the devices section it says:  Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

This is after I re-loaded the driver

Regents Professor
Message 8 of 18 (202 Views)

OK, are you able to print? 

I really appreciate it!

Top Student
Message 9 of 18 (199 Views)

Yes, printing is no problem.  Thanks

Regents Professor
Message 10 of 18 (190 Views)

Please remember if you find any of my post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.
I really appreciate it!

OK, is this the printer that you have?

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation