Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8620
macOS 10.12 Sierra

MacBook Pro with brand new (04.27.27) downloaded and successfully installed printer and scanner drivers and related.  Computer and OfficeJet Pro 8620 is printing perfectly, but the scanner function isn't even showing up on the menu/tab when it comes up, though the scan screen shows up on the computer.

Help please.  I have repeately removed and reinstalled all software related to the HP  printer, including drivers and related softward. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @HPnotworthit,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to scan from your new Macbook. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you tried any other applications to scan from your printer?

Have you installed the full feature software for your printer?

Recommend you power off the printer. 

Follow the procedure mentioned in this HP Article to uninstall the printer from your printer.

Reset the printing system. Click here for assistance. 

Restart your MAC computer. 

Download the printer software from this link

Please connect/power on the printer only when prompted by the printer setup. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.