cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
zappa901
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Scanner won't connect!

HP Recommended

My new iMac (OS 10.6.4) is connected to a new HP Officejet 4500 Wireless all-in-on unit and the scan feature will not work.  Print and fax functions work OK.  I am connected using a USB cord.  Apparently the computer and the unit can't speak to each other.  I tried scanning through Preview and Image Capture and that won't work either.  

I connected my MacBook (OS 10.5) to it and the scanner works OK with it.  What am I doing wrong?  I installed the newest driver from the HP web site.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Kucho7668
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same issues here!  Can't connect to scan, though it did work once...not sure why it won't connect and has errors now.

0 Kudos
pamela1970
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same issues.  Scanning function worked just fine before I updated my Mac OS to Lion.  I can print but I can't scan.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled HP software.  I have tried updating software through HP and that failed.  I have looked for updates in Apple software updates and that has failed.  If I don't get resolution on this I'll will buy a new printer and it will not be HP.

0 Kudos
pamela1970
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Of course I post and the next thing my computer requires is an Apple Software update.  The HP update was in it and the scanner now works.  Thank you.  I was hoping I could count on HP and Apple to work together on this as I have used both products for years. 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation