cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lindads
5 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Scanner won't pull paper in

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8500 A910
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently purchased and replaced both print heads on my Officejet Pro 8500 A910. When I went to scan a 7 page document a few minutes after replacing the print heads, the scanner jammed on about the 5th page. It only parctially went through. I pulled it out then started scanning the entire document again. Same thing happened. After about the 3rd time even the first page wouldn't go through. Now the scanner won't pull any pages through. I can't use the glass because my legal documents are many pages long.

Does anyone know how I can get this scanner to work? Is that part of the machine replacable? I hate to get rid of it after just spending money on replacing the print heads and I'm old school. I prefer to repair things rather then replace them.

I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 488 953
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @lindads

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that the document feeder is not picking up that papers. I will be glad to help. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Are you facing any print quality issues?

Request you refer to this HP Article

Update the firmware on the printer by downloading it to your computer and install it on the printer while having the printer connected to your computer with a USB cable. 

If the issue persists, clean the rollers on the ADF. 

This should resolve the issue you are facing, if the issue persists, please contact our phone support for the service options available. 

Let me know how if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation