cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jlarrabee
Level 1
8 3 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scanning setup problems

Color Laserjet MFP M277c6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a MFP M277c6 that I have been using for over 6 months connected wirelessly to two computers.  Two days ago it started giving me an error when I run the scan app from my computers stating "Scanner communication cannot be established".  Printing works fine from both machines.

I have downloaded the latest sioftware and did a reinstall with no help.  I connected to my router via ethernet cable with no help.  When I start the HP toolbox the only choice for scanning setup is either email or network folder.  By the way the scan to email function also works.  What happended to scanning right to my PC?  I don't have a network folder to scan to and how do I get my HP Scan app working again?

The firmware data code is 20160606

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
1,409 1,409 74 133
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scanning setup problems

Hello@jlarrabee

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums.After reading your post I see that you are getting a scan communication error on your printer.I would like to help you out with this issue today.

Let's try to fix this issue using HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR). PSDR is an automated tool which can diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. Please go to http://hp.care/2bZ9w2q to download and run HP PSDR. Once you open the program click on “Fix scanning” to automatically diagnose and fix the issue.

Once you try these suggestions, please report back.

I'll be eagerly waiting to assist you with same, cheers 🙂

If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation