cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Doug292
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Scanning to email

HP Recommended
Envy 5532
iOS
My printer is connected wirelessly to internet its printing fine from my ipad and the problem is when i try to scan it says error cant find server. Done disconnect srver and disconnect envy power sources and restart but no difference. Reinputed wifi password and also tried connecting auto both succesfull but scanner still generAtes error message.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 951
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @Doug292

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to scan on your iPad but are able to print, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

May I know the procedure you are using to scan on your iPad?

Are you able to make a copy on your printer?

Are you able to scan from your computer?

Recommend you install HP AIO Remote app on your iPad, setup the printer on your iPad and use HP AIO Remote to scan. Click here to know more. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Doug292
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi chimney i am able to print from my ipad or phone on my envy 5532 so the wifi and internet connection is fine. However when i try to scan on the envy printer to email, it comes up with a fault message that reads 'cant connect to server' but the printer blue connection light is on steady and the printer is clearly linked to the server in order to print from the ipad. Thanks Doug292
0 Kudos
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 951
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, are you using the printer's front panel to scan to email?

For you to be able to use the printer's front panel to scan to email, you would need to first enable web services on the printer and then configure scan to email. 

Please refer to page number 30 in the printer manual to enable web services. Click here for the printer manual. 

Refer to this HP Article for assistance in setting up scan to email on your printer. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation