Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Message 1 of 4 (3,449 Views)

Scanning with "HP Deskjet F4280"

I have a "HP Deskjet F4280 ,all in one printer/scanner/copier".  I am wanting to be able to scan documents or pictures to my computer.  My computer is a HP Pavilion a6620f PC and is fairly new ( 2 years).  I have downloaded what was suppose to be a "full download of the driver" to do what I want to do, but I either don't know where to look or something??? Could someone please help me ?? I have looked in windows photo gallery and clicked on scan, but there are no options in the "window" that comes up.  I initially wanted to scan a document so I could email it, but could not find how to do it... Again..

please help.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Intern
Message 2 of 4 (3,442 Views)

Re: Scanning with "HP Deskjet F4280"

Also I would like to add to the above post.  I read my manual for my scan/printer, and I'm thinking maybe I should uninstall it and reinstall it to see if that makes a difference.  I put the original disk in, but did not uninstall it or unplug the printer/scanner.  The program seemed to just hang there.  Could this be because it is sensing it is already there??? I get no prompts, it just sets there like it's frozen.

Then where do I go to uninstall it?? The manual tells me not to just "delete" it but to go to uninstall and do it, but when I go there I do not see a printer in the installed programs.... I am not sure where to just delete and put the disk back in or not...

Please help... Thank you again.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (3,009 Views)

How do I scan documents using an HP Desktop 4280 All in One Printer/Scanner?  I have a Dell Dimension E524 snf I use Windows 7.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (3,008 Views)

I have an HP Deskjet F4280 All in one printer and I use Windows 7.  How do I scan a document to attach to an e-mnail?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation