Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Printer 8720
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I signed up for Instant ink and now I have HP advertisements scrolling across the printer display  day and night instead of the screen going dark.  It's very distracting as the printer sits in front of my TV.  How can I stop these ads from scrolling across my printer screen?  It is totally unsatisfactory.  Do I have to cancel instant ink or  ???  Would that stop  it?   That will be my next step.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Quacklikeaduck,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you have concerns about an ad on the printer display. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

What is the exact message that you're seeing?

In the meantime, I would do a hard reset to see if that will resolve the issue.

1. Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
  2. Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector. This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.
  3. Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet (don't use a power bar or a surge protector). 

If the issue persists,please send me a private message with your email address or account number and I would be happy look to see what is going on.

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Well something one of us did stopped it for now.    ??

HP Recommended

Hello @Quacklikeaduck,

If you experiencing the problem again, please post back with the exact message from the display so I can look into this further.

Have a great day! 🙂 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi @Quacklikeaduck

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Agree with @Drakster, if you're seeing these scrolling ads pop up again, do let us know what the messages are and if it goes away or is scrolling continuously.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.