cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
spreng
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Select Portrait/Landscape with email/eprint - how?

HP Recommended

I printed a coupon from my webOS HP Veer and it printed landscape even though the printer default is set to portrait. How do I control this when printing remotely via email?

HP Deskjet 3050A All-In-One Printer - J611h

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Cole_M
Level 6
Level 6
438 438 51 86
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello spreng,

As of right now, the only way to control the settings of how a document prints is with the document's settings and the settings inside the HP ePrint Center.

The HP ePrint Center can control what size paper you are printing on, and the document you are emailing must be saved in the correct orientation.

As for the coupon, is it being sent inside the body of the email or as an attachment?

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
0 Kudos
spreng
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The coupon was an image attached to an email.

0 Kudos
Cole_M
Level 6
Level 6
438 438 51 86
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

spreng,

Most likely, whatever site attached the coupon formats the print job to print in landscape orientation.  If you are able to open the file and change the orientation to portrait, then it should print in portrait.

Depending on the file type, image or document, the changing of the orientation may not be possible.  In your reply, you specified it is an image file, which most likely will not be customizable to print to read in a portrait orientation.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation