cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
xforce11
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Send to iPhoto Missing in HP Scan 3

HP Recommended

HP Scan 3 ( 3.9.10 (78) )

OS 10.7.2

HP PhotoSmart D110 (USB and via Wifi)

iPhoto '11 ( 9.2.1 (628) )

I uninstalled all HP software and downloaded the latest build from HP and installed it.  I open HP Scan 3 choose "Photos, Graphics, etc." and continue.  I click the Send button and there are two choices "Folder" or "Printer" and no option to send to iPhoto.  I can find no way in the HP Scan 3 app to add iPhoto.  I have look the the HP Utility and can find nothing about scan destinations.  Help!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Rhodask
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scanning to iPhoto used to be so easy with HP.  It seems harder and harder with each HP printer I buy.

0 Kudos
xforce11
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Per Tech Support the software designers too the ablity to scan and send directly to iPhoto out of the software.  Now you have to scan, save to your hard drive, open iPhoto and import.  This is poor customer support, loss of vaule for the software, and a cheap cheat to make the software designer's job easy.

0 Kudos
Punchtape
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Or, you can open the saved item in Preview on Mac OS and use the "Send To" icon and select iPhoto.

Maybe a little slicker than doing import in iPhoto in some cases.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation