cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Rayclarke
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sending email to hp 6500 plus

Can anyone help can email from my pc to hp 6500 works fine but can't email from my iPad anyone know why
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 4 MauriceMoss
Level 4
97 97 5 18
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Rayclarke,

Is your iPad inserting a signature line such as "Sent from my iPad"? If it is, this would explain why it is getting rejected. Try removing the signature line to see if this helps your issue.

To remove the signature, Go into "Settings" > "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" and in the signature field, go ahead and erase everything there.

After you have done this, try e-mailing a job to your 6500A Plus.

Please mark this as a solution if this helps!

M. Moss
-----------------------------
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
If my reply solves your issue, please mark it as solved to help fellow users fix their similar issues!
Though I am an HP Employee, ALL of my posts express MY opinion, and not of HP, whatsoever.
0 Kudos
Level 7 Dave_K
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just to add to Maurice a little (not to steal his thunder!). In addition to removing the signature line, make sure your iPad's mail app is setup to only send from one account. If it isn't, trim it down to one mail account in settings. If it still won't work, something i have done multiple times on iOS devices to get it to work was to delete the email account on the iPad and then re-create it.

Hope this helps!

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation