cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
oktion
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Sending fax during (after) call from extension phone

HP Recommended

We have recently replaced a printer, a scanner and a fax machine with a HP MFP LaserJet M127fn device. The problem we are experiencing only occurs when attempting to send a fax after dialing a recipient’s number via an extension phone, which is connected with a cable we have got with an MFP to the slot intended for an extension phone, according to the instruction.

Receiving faxes works with no problems, as well as sending faxes via MFP. However, if we try to make a phone call with a recipient first (for instance, to ask for a fax signal), we encounter an issue.

So, we dial a number on a telephone, seamlessly make a conversation, ask for and get a fax signal. Then we press the green button for sending a fax on an MFP. The MFP starts Saving page 1, but then, instead of starting the sending, a message appears on an MFP display stating that a fax number should be entered, although the connection has already been made and a fax signal is still audible.

What is even more confusing is the fact that everything worked just fine on the first day:

Make a telephone connection, ask for and get a fax signal, press the green button for sending a fax, hang up the phone and the fax is being sent.

I would like to point out that the extension phone is connected to the corresponding MFP port (according to the instruction).

We have tried to reset to default and set it all up from the beginning.

We have also tried to set the Extension phone option ON, and then OFF again.

4 REPLIES 4
Cheetah12
Retired
Retired
3,707 4,106 239 423
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @oktion,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're receiving problems sending a fax after dialing a recipient number using the Laserjet M127FN. I will do my best to assist you! Please make sure the extension phone is turned on. Since this was working the first day you bought the printer, then I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions

I worked on behalf of HP.
Tags (1)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
amirali1911
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi

i have the same exact problem with the same exact model number ! except the fact that i didn't have this feature since the first day. before this, i had m1530 series and didn't have a single problem with that.

i didn't find any solution in this post. So, it would be great if you help me too.

Thanks a lot

se_shah
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I have the same problem, but I could not connect to fax from day one. how can I solve this issue?

thanks a lot

kevin-t
Retired
Retired
20,511 15,611 325 972
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation