The HP Community is here for you.
05-04-2012 04:03 PM
Follow the steps below in order to print using Black Ink only:
Please note, the settings below will allow you to print using black ink only, however the printer may still require color ink for maintnance purposes and all supplies are required to be instaled for the device to operate.
- From the application used to print, click the File menu and select Print. The Print window appears.
NOTE: The Print window might be minimized: Click the blue triangle next to the product model (Mac OS X v10.5 or v10.6) or the Show Details button ( Mac OS X v10.7 Lion) to see all available settings.
- To access the color options, click the lowest selection box listed as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit) Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.
- Select Paper Type/Quality from the drop-down menu.
- Click the triangle next to Color Options to expend the settings.
- Set the Color as Grayscale.
- Set the Grayscale Mode as Black Ink Cartridge Only.
You may save the settings for future use by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset...
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution