cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 3
40 24 1 7
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Setting up eFax

I just installed a Photosmart 6520 Wireless all-in-one. I had difficulty with installing the software and kept numerous notes on scraps of paper which I have thrown away. When I attempt to use the eFax option it takes me to a screen where I can either created an account (which is greyed out so I must have the software installed) or sign in. I can remember the phone number I selected while installing the Printer software so I selected the "forgot number" button to have the number sent to my email address. I have two email addresses but neither one is accepted as an email associated with my account. Any suggestions as to how I can resolve this issue so I can use eFax?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
81,679 81,572 10,180 21,887
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Setting up eFax

Hi,

Please check the following article:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03496915

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Highlighted
Level 3
40 24 1 7
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Setting up eFax

The article is exaclly what I was experiencing with eFax, the create account was greyed out which indicated I was already registered through HP however; one of the end links identifies my problem and instructs me to go to eFax.com if I am experiencing any of the problems listed. Efax.com  still doesn't help me find the telephone number associated with the account I am already registered and it doesn't recognize either of my two email addresses so they can send the telephone number to me. So...........I am back at square one

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Setting up eFax

Same problem here.  I have a Mac and I am assuming it will not work on a MAC?  I do hope there is a way I can fax on this now 6525.  That is one of the reasons I bought the all-in one.  any suggestions?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
81,679 81,572 10,180 21,887
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Setting up eFax

Hi,

I've been told only the following printers support eFax (internal):

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03102078

For other printers you may need to register with www.eFax.com

Note: I acually has a loan 7510e at home (which is in the list) but can't use eFax because this is not supported in Australia.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Setting up eFax

Well that sucks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
40 24 1 7
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Setting up eFax

Well that is indeed interesting. When I clicked on the link listing HP printers that would support eFax, my Photosmart 6520 wasn't listed which makes me wonder why the option shows when I click on the printer icon on the desk top. Very strange indeed!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation