Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
20 12 0 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Setting up scan on 8600 premium's control panel

HP Recommended

Hello there, I am trying to figure out how to enable scan using the control pad.  I have it already set up on my desktop, but now I am trying to put it on my laptop.  How do I set up the computer so that I can use the scan button on the control pad to initiate a scan to be sent to my laptop?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
15,163 14,989 856 2,162
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello there @jgossc, Welcome to the forums!

I saw your post about initializing a scan from the front panel of your Officejet 8600 Premium. You will need to have the full driver and software installed. The link below will direct you to the driver download page (you will need to select the operating system you are running first).

If you run into any scanning or printing issues, you can use the HP Print and Scan Doctor to correct them.

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One - N911n Drivers

I hope this helps!

All the best,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
20 12 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply!

I do have the download on my computer, but  I still can't find it.  I am using OSX 10.8.  I was going to try the HP doctor thing you recommended, but it is not supported on Macs.  Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
15,163 14,989 856 2,162
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there @jgossc,

Thank you for your reply! Yes, you're right, the Print and Scan Dr. is not an option for you on a Mac. Try to install the print driver for your 10.8 and if that doesn't help, please let me know and I will make some more suggestions for you.

HP Officejet Pro Full Feature Software and Driver - Mac OS X 10.6, OS X 10.7, OS X 10.8

I hope that does the trick!:)

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
20 12 0 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sweet!  It works!

Since I have you on the "line," how do you get it to go to a folder rather than documents?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
15,163 14,989 856 2,162
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Awesome news, @jgossc !

Glad to hear it's working!

Please select Message 4 as the "Accept as Solution" so others can see our thread and link to the drivers.

To change the save location, check out the screen shots below. You should see an "Advanced" option and a "Destination" tab and "Browse" to change where you would like to save your scans.

scan1.jpg

scan2.jpg

I hope that helps!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Highlighted
Author
Level 2
20 12 0 1
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Excellent!  Thank you so much for your help!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation