Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
32 26 2 2
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Snapfish requirement ?????? for eprint

Just purchased an HP Photosmart 7520 and am trying to register to use eprint.  I get the setup instructions but cannot register because I have to have a Snapfish account password.  Nowhere in any documentation or videos do I see that requirement.  I do not want to join Snapfish, does that mean I cannot utilize eprint?  Pretty darn lousy that I need to get an account with Snapfish in order to utilize a functionality that I am paying for when I buy the printer.   Can  you clarify this or advise me how to use eprint without Snapfish?

Thank you..........Ralph

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Intern
Intern
32 26 2 2
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Sorry, forgot to mention I only want to have the ability to use email to print on my 7520 from another computer.......Ralph

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
10400 10285 247 603
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi ramirez. If it is mentioning Snapfish in the setup of ePrint, that means that the email address you are using was used at some point to make a Snapfish account. Since HP owns Snapfish now, it simply wants your password to merge accounts, its not a big deal.

So if you're like me you possibly signed up for Snapfish without even knowing about it years ago, and probably don't even remember your password.

If you go to snapfish.com and click 'Log In', then click the 'Forgot your password?' link to get a password reset email. Check your email and follow the instructions to make a new Snapfish password.

When that is set, you can go to www.eprintcenter.com and actually log in with your email address, and the new Snapfish password. It will ask for the same password again probably to merge accounts.

Here is some more information on eprint:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03721293

Let me know if you get stuck on anything else.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Intern
Intern
32 26 2 2
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you.  It appears that somehow I must have been moved over by HP.  I followed your instructions and will now test the functionality but at least I am registered (still not too happy about the Snapfish requirement)......Ralph

NoSnapFish Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

In the user agreement of SnapFish I saw something that said if you do not use SnapFishes "products" then you will be denied access or something like that.  I take that to mean we have to buy stuff to use SnapFish and thus or ePrint function.  This is upsetting to me.  I hope I read it wrong.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
10400 10285 247 603
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi NoSnapFish. You did read it wrong. Eprint is a free service separate from snapfish. Any snapfish purchases are optional and will not affect your Eprint account.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
MotherSquid Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Dear Terry- I, too, was blocked from set up at Snapfish password page. I do not recall ever signing up for this, but would have done just about anything at that point to finally be able to use my printer. However, unlike many people I know, I DO read the terms & conditions before I check the "agree" box, and this one said that I agree to and UNDERSTAND the T&C, and I don't. These T&C are overly long & wordy, and a nuisance. I appreciate your solution, and plan to use it, and gave you the star, but HP should care more about it's paying customers. This set up has been a real pain, and this is the 6th HP printer I've installed just at home, not to mention office devices. I'm not happy with this experience, and I ENVY the people that bought something easier & faster to use. I've already missed my son's online class just to get this thing to work, and Snapfish derailed me. But thanks, M.Squid
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
FancyPantz Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

So I've read through these messages, and I still don't see a solution for using ePrint or HP Connect without signing up for Snapfish.
I have never had an account with Snapfish, and do not want one - even if others think it's "no big deal".

I've purchased this same model printer directly from a retailer before as I did this new one. ePrint used to be a free service without the Snapfish ridiculousness when I purchased it last year.  What gives? Why so lame and obvious?  This is truly poor customer service, and poor business sense.  The "gateway" should be optional at either end, not just at Snapfish or HP tools. It’s just un-American not to allow folks to opt-out.

Provide the instructions on how to sign up for and into ePrint/ HP Connect WITHOUT Snapfish... or the printer gets it. . . . itself returned. . . . 
Thanks.

mikediscre Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

When I try to connect to E-Print, there i s some requiremnent asbout snapfish; also that my password is incorrect (although HP Center confirms my e-mail address).

I am unable to join E-Print

0 Kudos
3Peakslite Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have never signed up for snap fish, just bought a HP eprinter in the UK & getting the same can't use the function unless I have a snapfish account to which you have to pay for! 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation